About A.W. Harper
A.W.Harper Ltd, Pumps & Water Systems is a privately owned Pump Company founded in 1947 by Mr Alan Harper originally trading as a general Engineering Shop specializing in the sales and servicing of pumps and water systems. It has now grown to become one of the largest privately owned pump companies in New Zealand. Alan Harper first started trading from premises at 48 Ferry Road which were finally outgrown in 1988 at which time the company moved to a new premises on the corner of Brisbane and Coleridge Street Sydenham. The additional purchase of warehousing stores in Shakespeare Road and Coleridge Street in following years allowed for future expansion.
The move to new and larger premises coupled with the lifting of import restrictions have been major factors in a substantial growth period of the last 15 to 20 years, new premises with increased showroom, workshop and warehousing area has not only allowed for a larger holding of stock but also the addition of a fully equipped in ground test bay incorporating the latest flow, pressure and electrical pump testing equipment.
The lifting of import restrictions has allowed the company to expand its product base to include many leading brands from Europe, USA, Australia and Asia.
These overseas agencies combined with authorized Canterbury distribution agencies such as Grundfos, Onga, Lowara and Davey plus many others enable A.W.Harper Ltd to cover the widest possible range of pump sales and servicing. A.W.Harper Ltd also carries one of the largest ranges of reconditioned pump units in New Zealand.
While Mr Alan Harper retired in the early 1980’s and sadly passed away in 1998 the company is still family owned and operated and is now into the third generation confidant the high standards of service set by its’ founder and continued today will ensure continued growth over the next 60 year period.